Food and Drink
Food business operators are required by law, to ensure that food handlers receive appropriate supervision and instruction/training in food hygiene in line with their work activity and should enable them to handle food safely.
Food Safety Level 2 in Retail - e-Learning CPD
Everyone who works with food has a legal and moral duty to safeguard food and ensure it is safe to consume and not cause harm or injury to the consumer.
- Follow the rules and procedures as required by the workplace
- Protect food from contamination
- Keep personally clean, follow good standards of appearance and behaviour and report illness
- Keep the workplace clean and tidy and remove rubbish regularly
- Ensure the correct times and temperatures are followed and checked
- Keep accurate and up-to-date records including for traceability
- Report food hazards, faults and concerns about food safety problems